What's better - Catholicism or Protestantism?

For the last 2 years I have attended Catholic masses and common Sunday dinners at the priest’s house,but I’m confused by the Duplessis orphans and sex scandals in the Vatican.Solve this dilemma

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

This happens in every institution. It just came out the other day that an Ohio State University sports doctor had been sexually abusing hundreds of students going all the way back to 1979. Multiple reports were made to university officials and they fell on deaf ears. The doctor in question committed suicide in 2005 and only now did the university admit what went on.

1 year ago

I'm a Protestant. I don't worship saints and pray to beads. I don't craft statues and shrines and worship them in occult ways. That's idolatry. I respect parts of Catholicism, but Protestants exist because when the bible became available for the average Joe through the printing press, Catholics realized that what priests were teaching them wasn't even in the bible. That's not something I can just ignore and forget. The problem with Protestantism is that even the pastors have caved to society and put them before the word of God. They also have sex scandals. They're corrupt too. I like that Catholicism hasn't strayed on homosexuality, contraception, fornication, and so on. There's too much I don't like though. Homosexuality isn't as big a deal as idolatry. I would attend any church that would have me, but I'm only going to stay if they adhere to the word of God. That's what's important to me. Men are not moral arbiters, we are all sinners. Jesus was the only man in history who never sinned and that's why his word is worth following. That and he made the ultimate sacrifice, so that we could be saved by faith instead of our works, which is impossible.

1 year ago

ALL religions , gods , and holy books , were invented by man as a means of control of the masses by the elites .

1 year ago

Catholicism

1 year ago

define "better"?

Source(s): Atheist
  • Catholicism:

1 -Too may scandals involving priests raping young boys

2- The Pope is a leftist

Protestantism:

Too many WASPS

• 1 year ago

Either one can mislead you. Jesus didn't preach Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah's "Witnessism", or Protestantism or Eastern Orthodoxy. So if you want to take it seriously, go to the source. Ask God for help to understand.

DON'T fake it.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • Ann
    1 year ago

As a concept, Jesus founded the Catholic Church at the Last Supper. Protestantism began because Henry VIII wanted a divorce after the Pope permitted him to marry his dead brother's wife. (Don't really see the problem if the guy is dead.) Nonetheless, some guy founded all other Christian religions, except the Orthodox ones since they were founded by Jesus as well. However, since the Church is run by humans, it has it's problems. I don't believe you've been having dinner at the rectory. You need to see past the people running the Church and see the bigger picture.

• Lv 6
    1 year ago

Catholicism at least has some interesting culture associated with it