recently, I flew to Boston, and my flight passed through Canada. Does that give me the right to say that I have been to Canada?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You can say whatever you want. But in my view, crossing through another country's airspace doesn't mean you were actually there. Even landing at another country's airport only to transfer planes doesn't mean you 'visited' the country.

• F
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Say what you like, no one cares.

• 6 months ago

Yeah, sure. Go ahead, we'll back you up on it no problem.

I'm a Canadian, been one all my life, and I'll personally vouch for you. You've been to Canada, and we really enjoyed having you here. Come back any time, in fact. The door's always open, and there's always beer in the fridge.

• 6 months ago

You can say whatever you want.

If you think flying over someplace qualifies as being there then you were there.

You are not claiming you walked on Canadian soil, swam in Canadian water, you just flew in the Air over Canada.

If you want to say changing planes at Airport X is a visit in country X then to you it is a visit. in the country. How you check your list of countries you visit is up to you.

Did you see Iceland off in the distance too?

If you were just off Newfoundland you also flew over France. it is also near Boston. Not a big piece of land but the water around it is French territory.

Of course you already knew that Canada and France share a Border on the east coast.

Check your route and you might have had a two country flyover.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You flew over Canada, but, you have not been "to" Canada.

• 6 months ago

I can see the moon from my house. That doesn't mean I've been to the moon.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No.

• 6 months ago

Not really. You've been through Canadian airspace but visiting a country usually means setting foot on the ground (in that country's territory).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.