Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 7 months ago

why do teachers make you look at them?

Many teachers think that if you are looking at them, you are paying attention. Personally, I doodle when I pay attention to a lecturer; this has gotten me in hot water over the years, but I learned to give the instructor a head's up prior to the start of class. I have found that a simple, "this is how I work best" works wonders!

• Tina

I hope you mean that your class teachers are asking you to look at them instead of staring vacantly around the room

If it's happeneing under any other circumstances you should probably tell a trusted adult.

so they know you're awake .................

• Dv8s

So that, you pay attention to what they're saying. Nonetheless, just because you make eye contact with someone, doesn't necessarily mean that you're paying attention to their every word. I can listen to someone, even nod my head without hearing a word they said. Thanks school, I did learn something.

They want you to picture them nakrd

• ?

It's a matter of common courtesy-- that you should look at and give your full attention to the person who is talking to you.

make sure that you're paying attention.

To make sure you are concentrating. If you are looking elsewhere, you may not be listening to them.