promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
virtual_cleo asked in Society & CultureRoyalty ยท 1 year ago

Are you going to deny even now that Meghan is a princess?

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

In the UK, the wife of a prince is a princess. People who suggest otherwise do not really understand British protocol.

• 12 months ago

Harry's titles: HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex (for England), Earl of Dumbarton (for Scotland), and Baron Kilkeel (for Northern Ireland).

Meghan's titles: HRH Princess Henry, Duchess of Sussex, Countess of Dumbarton, and Baroness Kilkeel.

She is not known as "Princess Meghan" because, unlike Princesses Anne and Alexandra, Meghan was not born into the family.

HM can, if she wished, allow Meghan to be known as "Princess Meghan". The precedent would be her aunt, Princess Alice of Gloucester (Alice was allowed to be known by that name partially to avoid confusion with her daughter-in-law).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

She has not been declared a princess by the QUEEN as yet.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I never did. I know the PROTOCOL of titles. MANY times, I have written at Answers, that a woman assumes titles and styles of her husband. Following this rule, since Harry is a Prince, Duke, Earl, and Baron, Meghan assumes the status of Princess, Duchess, Countess, and Baroness. Since Meghan only assumes the status of a princess through marriage, she uses the title of Princess with her husband's given name and is Princess Harry, or Princess Henry. It is only a female who is born or bestowed a princess in her own right who may use the title Princess with her own given name.

Meghan , therefore, is HRH, The Duchess of Sussex, Countess of Dumbarton, Baroness Kilkeel, The Princess Harry,or Henry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Of course she's a princess by marriage. All royal duchesses are. That is why they are styled "Her Royal Highness". If they were not princesses, just noble duchesses, they'd be styled "Her Grace".

It's been known since her wedding day that one of her titles is "Princess Henry," just as one of Kate Cambridge's titles is "Princess William". That is the correct form for a woman who was not born a princess but became one by marriage.

The only people who've denied it here are occasional visitors to the category, not any of the regulars so far as I know.

• 1 year ago

She is a qeen to be!

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Meghan will never be a Queen Consort, because it's very highly unlikely that her husband will ever be King.

• 1 year ago

I have never denied that Meghan is a Princess - just that she's one BY MARRIAGE and could only be titled Princess Henry (not Harry). She is not a Princess in her own right. She's described on the Birth Certificate of their baby as Princess of the United Kingdom, which she is. She is NOT Princess Meghan. Just as was the case on the Birth Certificates of the children of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She is described as Princess of the United Kingdom - but not as Princess Catherine - she'd be called Princess William had William not been granted a Dukedom.

• 1 year ago

Being married to a prince means she can have the style of her husband, but, not be one herself. That's how it works. I.e., she is Princess Harry, but NOT Princess Meghan.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I have never denied it. She is the legal wife of Harry who is a Prince of the United Kingdom.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.