How to euthanize a cat humanely and least painful?

we have a rabid cat on our property, and several other healthy cats, they belong to us but we live in the country and have many acres of land which has never had this issue before, i'm guessing another animal gave it to him. Anyway there is not vet here for me to get it done properly, i feel terrible... show more we have a rabid cat on our property, and several other healthy cats, they belong to us but we live in the country and have many acres of land which has never had this issue before, i'm guessing another animal gave it to him. Anyway there is not vet here for me to get it done properly, i feel terrible considering it as he is close to me but he isn't ok and is a threat to the other 5 and the litter. anyway, he is getting worse and he only lets me get close as of today but i know he will get worse and worse, so i have to put him down, however i don't know how and which would be the most humane way to do it with least pain or no pain. Please help! the people here supposed to deal with rabies said they will not come out here to do it. I don't want him suffering as he cannot eat or drink water but is bad. i have attached a photo of him today. Any help would be great, i prefer a no trauma death maybe something with a medication like a sedative? i take a benzo for anxiety but idk if that is ok, also heard of tylenol but i think that might be painful from the descriptions. Any help would be appreciated please underrstand the situation, it's not like i wanna do this.
9 answers 9