Ideas for unclogging lawn mower fuel system?

At first it only sputtered with starting fluid. Then ran briefly on starting fluid. Third, started with residual starting fluid and ran for about a minute, not smoothly. I drained the dirty fuel out and replaced it with fresh gas, I also cleaned the carb float bowl. Does this sound like an engine that is going... show more At first it only sputtered with starting fluid. Then ran briefly on starting fluid. Third, started with residual starting fluid and ran for about a minute, not smoothly.
I drained the dirty fuel out and replaced it with fresh gas, I also cleaned the carb float bowl. Does this sound like an engine that is going to clean itself out?
Update: Thanks for all good answers. I did get the mower running and even did some light mowing. It is still rough. But I have my B12 chemtool ( poor man's Seafoam) a-working for me over night. By the time I finish that tank it should be good. However, I do like the ideas about cleaning the lines. and/or filter. My... show more Thanks for all good answers. I did get the mower running and even did some light mowing. It is still rough. But I have my B12 chemtool ( poor man's Seafoam) a-working for me over night. By the time I finish that tank it should be good. However, I do like the ideas about cleaning the lines. and/or filter. My biggest problem is the ID sticker was removed, so I cannot look anything up until I find that out.