Is this a good reason to ask for a scholarship extension?

In 2016, I received a $5,000 scholarship that I applied for. I had to fill out an application, be interviewed by 12+ people in the same room, and had to attend a ceremony and give a speech in front of 100+ people. The terms of my scholarship state that I am to use the scholarship within two years from the beginning... show more In 2016, I received a $5,000 scholarship that I applied for. I had to fill out an application, be interviewed by 12+ people in the same room, and had to attend a ceremony and give a speech in front of 100+ people.
The terms of my scholarship state that I am to use the scholarship within two years from the beginning of the fall term of the 2017 scholastic year, but I can write a request for an extension that has to be approved.
I have used around $1,000 of my scholarship for books. But, the deadline is coming up soon, and I'm not sure that I will be able to use it all in time.
I couldn't use the scholarship for tuition because I already had other scholarships covering it, but I do not have any scholarships for my final two years of college.
How should I write a letter for a time extension? I want to use my scholarship because I worked so hard to get it.

Thanks For Any Help
1 answer 1