Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

Does your bladder weaken after having a baby?

I had a c section almost two months ago and I feel like I have to pee so much throughout the day and when I have to use the bathroom I have to hurry otherwise I would wet myself if I waited too long or didn’t go right when I felt the need to go.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Go see a doctor but I think it’s normal for a couple of months

• Edna
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You need to see your doctor,,and find out the cause of your problem. There are several medications and/or treatments available to combat your bladder problems - once the CAUSE has been determined.

Your bladder shouldn't be "weak" 2 months after giving birth; or at ANY time after giving birth, for that matter - not unless there's an underlying physical cause.

• 7 months ago

No

• MissA
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It's *real* common to have urinary issues after pregnancy. It's pretty common for it to take 3-6 months to recover fully, and that six month window is about where you want to start talking to a doctor about more serious options like pelvic floor physiotherapy... although there's nothing *wrong* about getting seen earlier if you want.

At this point, however: Kegels (google 'em if you don't know how to do them already. Work up to 3 sets of 30 per day). Don't dehydrate yourself, it irritates your urethra and makes things worse. Avoid caffeine and booze. Pee every 30 minutes, if necessary (before you feel the urge) and then gradually increase the time between pees.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

not with c sections

• Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

It's still completely normal with sections. The pressure of pregnancy can weaken the muscles and bladder, not necessarily just pushing a baby out.

• 7 months ago

It's normal and common for your bladder to be weaker after having a baby. It usually gets better as the weeks/months go by, but if it persists it's always a good idea to bring it up to your doctor.

• KatieC
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

I don’t understand why people feel the need to give stupid answers. I gave birth vaginally two years ago, and I still pee a little every time I sneeze lol. I don’t know about the bladder weakening, but your pelvic floor muscles do for sure. By the time I am aware I have to pee, it’s like URGENT. Lol that’s embarrassing, but yeah. I think it’s normal. I’ve been to the gyno twice for checkups and have been told everything is totally fine. Kegels do actually help a lot, but I don’t think it ever goes back completely normal to be honest.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I had a baby 57 years ago, & my bladder went "back to normal" afterward. It was never "not normal" I'm in my late 70's now & I only recently began having any bladder control problems, so I know they can't be the result of a pregnancy 57 years ago..

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Pregnancy is incredibly damaging to your body. And it can lead to bladder issues as well as incontinence. Talk to your doctor.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/574...

• Cozette
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

You wrote "Pregnancy is incredibly damaging to your body." NOT true! For very few females, they can get a delay on their back to normal voiding but very rarely does it persist. I was a nurse in a Urology Clinic and 90% of problems are fixable.

• 7 months ago

Haven't been there yet... perhaps one day.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Nope, I am a male and therefore unable to have babies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.