Is it ok to be nice to strangers....?

I know stupid Q but I dont want it to come bite me in the butt later.... Like three guys across the street seem to have a broken down vehicle and they’ve been there since this morning in the hot sun.. I thought they were doing yard work first but throughout the day I saw em just sitting there with the hood of the... show more I know stupid Q but I dont want it to come bite me in the butt later.... Like three guys across the street seem to have a broken down vehicle and they’ve been there since this morning in the hot sun.. I thought they were doing yard work first but throughout the day I saw em just sitting there with the hood of the truck open. Debated giving em water, walked out and heard em talkin and one cussed talking about car broken down and then he saw me and held out his hand and said sorry he didnt see me.. So they dont seem like “bad” guys I guess..
I just feel bad, would it be weird to bring em sandwiches or somethin just so they could have somethin cold...?