How do I deal with a militant raccoon?

I feed feral cats and I seem to have attracted a raccoon. Its impossible to shoo him away and he looked almost like he was going to bite me. I have a large deck in my back yard that the cats use to hide under and the raccoon went under there and I heard hissing by one of the cats. I went out & blocked one... show more I feed feral cats and I seem to have attracted a raccoon. Its impossible to shoo him away and he looked almost like he was going to bite me.

I have a large deck in my back yard that the cats use to hide under and the raccoon went under there and I heard hissing by one of the cats. I went out & blocked one entrance to the deck. (There are really only 3 ways in & out and I have 2 blocked)

The 3rd one sits where a puddle of mud is and one of may cats still goes under there and gets muddy and because she is feral she really will not let me wipe her down without acting as if I am attacking her.

Id like to open the deck back up for the cats but I need to get rid of the raccoon for good. Any suggestions? I don't have a gun and I rarely see it but it must eat more than I would like from the dry food I leave out.
Update: Found this....may try it. But, they are not getting in my garbage, just my cats food. To keep raccoons, possums, skunks, or other critters out of your garbage, regularly spray the side of your cans with a mixture of half ammonia, and half water. They hate the smell (as we all do) and will stay away. (You can also... show more Found this....may try it. But, they are not getting in my garbage, just my cats food.

To keep raccoons, possums, skunks, or other critters out of your garbage, regularly spray the side of your cans with a mixture of half ammonia, and half water. They hate the smell (as we all do) and will stay away. (You can also try using an ammonia-based glass cleaner like Windex, but it's not as strong
Update 2: I found it easier to wipe her down when using wet food. She is willing to live with it then. The cat, I mean.