Is there any reason for me to get rid of my music cassettes and upgrade to cd’s?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

The CD disc is getting discontinue, new vehicles now don't have tape drivers or CD players, the future its sd cards or usb music

• chorle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, when they break or if you need to play them in a CD player, you may want to see if when they wear out you the ones albums you wish to keep have AutoRip if you buy them on Amazon because that puts them on your Amazon Music account the day the physical CD ships.

i am not sure it is a good idea to digitize them because the the sound quality may not be as good as something recorded in high data digital.

• F
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Good day Mr Van Winkle

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I assume you’re aware of the problems with cassettes. I transferred all of mine to CDs years ago because of that.

The only reason for you to do it though is because you want to. If you're happy with cassettes then there's not really a reason to change.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

skip all that and go digital only. no storage really. no corrupted or corroded material to deal with.

• 6 months ago

No. In fact, VHS is actually better than DVD's or CD's. VHS doesn't get all scratched up and so you don't have to be sure that you put them in their case, and pick them up so carefully as if your life depends on it. You can also Fast Forward through ads. Though, they become harder and harder to find because the last ever one was manufactured in 2016.

• 6 months ago

Gonna be hard to find cassette playersv

• 6 months ago

Since you do not appear to care about audio quality, do as you see fit. It doesn't matter in the least.

• 6 months ago

if you like cassettes, keep them,they & machines for record/playback are out in aftermarkets in great numbers

digital technology in super high fidelity are scriptural for their advocates,

get a player,a system that produces great sound,if you want to,

my sued sanyo 9935 still makes a great tuner,using the headphone jack connected to the AUX on the ,aim unit,cassettes of old jazz,older everything from 50s to 80s,,they still sound as they did back then

• don r
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I still play 30+ year old cassettes in my car player. Maxell tape was excellent quality. They can be converted to .wav files or MP3 files if you want to use the content in those forms. Nero WaveEditor is an excellent utility for converting analog sound to digital. Know that converting analog to digital is done in real time, plus any editing you want to do.. More than 8 hours of MP3 will fit on a CD, if your device plays mp3.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.