Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 7 months ago

Why is cleaning so tiring?

I just got a second job as a house cleaner. I cleaned 2 houses which where 3 bedroom houses. It took me 3 hours to clean each houses. So 6 hours in total. I'm so exhausted. I don't get this tired when I work my other job as a food server..why is cleaning so draining?

when you waitress, you do more walking than anything else. you barely bend at the waist to set things down. and you pretty much go on automatic - you only have a few tasks to perform. and who knows... maybe the interaction with customers gives you a little lift and make the time go by better.

when you're cleaning, you use more of your whole body and sometimes get down on your knees, lean sideways or stretch high. you also have to pay attention more to make sure you're getting everything.

it's no different than any other job where you use a new set of muscles. the first time i used a big weedeater i couldn't believe how heavy it was. by the next time i used it in a few days, it was light as a feather and i zipped around with it. your muscles usually adapt quickly. bring your iPod and listen to music or a podcast while you work.

IT is boring and there is not emotional reward to cleaning someone else's house because you just have to do it again./

Cardio

areya tubby?

use protective gear like rubber gloves, toss after each gig

respirator? get one

do your best job from standing,use sticks that are light n sturdy

bend the knees instead of the back mooscles

set one of those bright yellow cage worklights on the floor,,they show where the dust you missed it.

use a shop vac w the blow end hooked into the concentrator nozzle

wear the mask,get behind & under all furniture & appliances,tables,kickyknackies,be careful not to break mr or mz's fraglie things.if you use bleach,,don't,nasssty terrible stuff,it produces Cyanide gas when hitting ammonia.,dog pee has ammonia too,yuck.

find time to hit the gym regularly,ease back on sugary snackie type foods

to chomp on while you work,drink some veggy juice that you brought with,it ought to last you the 3 hrs gogogogo with no breaks,,finished,

Wear a respirator when using chemicals.

is a sacred ritual and sacred rituals take energy.

Why because you are working. God made us this way so that us who work physically will help us sleep good. Those that don't work physically don't sleep as well. Billions are spent yearly on sleep medication.

Because its physical labor alot of moving around bending down. Carrying supplies up and down stairs and the scent of chemicals. No one wants to clean 2 houses and then go home and clean their own.

It's physical labor. Maybe you could cut your hours cleaning if it's too much for you. I understand cleaners have short cuts too, such as spraying down the bathroom with scrubbing bubbles when they start to loosen the dirt, and doing the bathroom last. Just working a split shift as a server wore me out - dealing with customers and co-workers all day is tiring enough.

Because it's cleaning