Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 7 months ago

Don't people who have incurable STDs feel like dying?

I just got diagnosed with an STD but luckily the doctor told me it has almost a hundred percent cure rate. STDs like Herpes, HIV, and HPV have no cure. I honestly don’t know how people live with those diseases. If you got those diseases, most people aren’t gonna want to date you so you will probably be alone for the rest of your life.

I'm a woman with genital herpes and I'm married.

I got it from my husband while we were dating.

Some people are more accepting then you think.

I never cheated (neither did my husband) and never slept around.

Don't be ignorant.

People don't want to date me anyway, even without those so it doesn't really matter if I have them or not.

It's ALMOST refreshing to see that there are so ill-informed and immature people on here. Once you 'grow up' and have learned a bit about life, you MAY get to see how wrong you really are.

HIV/AIDS really IS a death sentence, but the other two are FAR from it. HPV is a virus that *could* cause cervical cancer, but that in no way means it's 100% guaranteed and many people that have HPV live perfectly normal lives without ever having an issue. And wait until I tell you that 99% of what you've heard about herpes is bullshit.

Viruses lay dormant in everyone. EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON has some kind of potential life-threatening virus. The difference between the people who have severe symptoms and not have a single one show up for the rest of their lives are their immune systems and overall health, and how well their own bodies combat the viruses and keep them locked up. In moments of stress, other sickness, other triggers, these viruses escape and can wreak havoc on your body (like herpes breakouts). Once your body is alerted to something wrong, it will do everything it can to get that virus back into sleepy time.

Herpes...let me tell you about herpes, and you're not going to like it. 90% of the world's population has it, maybe even you, but you would never know it because your body has a wonderful fully-working immune system to cope with it. Not even lying, herpes is EVERYWHERE, my friend. How frequent you get outbreaks and where? Up to the body and the immune system.

And you want to know something else? We shouldn't be ashamed of STD's- THEY FRICKIN' HAPPEN to almost everyone on this planet. I think you're EXTREMELY narrow-minded for thinking that if someone has a particular STD, they aren't worthy of anyone or anything. I would rather date someone with HIV than date some asshole like you, who doesn't know the first thing about STD's.

I would imagine any long term illness like HIV or chronic pain anybody would have suicidal thoughts because there is no cure or fix for it.

I don't know how irresponsible, diseased skanks like yourself dare come on here and berate other people with STIs.