What to do to fix Whirlpool dryer that won't tumble correctly?

Recently, my whirlpool dryer went out of commission due to a bad drive belt. I have since replaced the belt, as well as the support rollers, but the dryer barrel is still not turning correctly. It will turn for a little while on its own, and then will stop. If I add clothes to the barrel, it will turn for less... show more Recently, my whirlpool dryer went out of commission due to a bad drive belt. I have since replaced the belt, as well as the support rollers, but the dryer barrel is still not turning correctly. It will turn for a little while on its own, and then will stop. If I add clothes to the barrel, it will turn for less time, and then stop. The belt tensioner would be my next step in the repair process, but I really am not sure. I'm trying as much as possible to fix this machine myself without having to call a repair person, but I'm running out of ideas. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, as my wife and I are running out of clean clothes lol. Thanks in advance!