As a Christian should I forgive a person that wronged me even though they haven t earned my forgiveness?

Or should forgiveness be something that is earned through an apology for what the person did to you and try at least to make up in what they did to hurt you?
Update: Are you saying that people that have wronged you are entitled to forgiveness and expect it ASAP?
Update 2: @Publius, I think before forgiving someone, they need to owe me a debt through an apology, if they withhold the apology they will think that they are in the right. This person tried to harm my pets, when I saved them he push me down knowing I had bad balance. Like I said; "he thinks he is in his right mind... show more @Publius, I think before forgiving someone, they need to owe me a debt through an apology, if they withhold the apology they will think that they are in the right. This person tried to harm my pets, when I saved them he push me down knowing I had bad balance. Like I said; "he thinks he is in his right mind doing what he did".