Why would a carpet cleaning company just not show up for an appointment?

I made an appointment for today. They never showed up, never called, and will not answer their phone or text messages. They wrote me a confirmation email yesterday, but now I can't even get ahold of them. Is this typical?! It's rather inconsiderate and rude

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

If you did not pay in advance, find another company and give them a bad Yelp review.

They probably booked you even though they were about to close their doors and stop business.

• 6 months ago

It's saturday, they may not have anyone in the office working on Saturday, may have had someone called in sick and are understaffed, the truck may have been in an accident. The previous scheduled jobs for today may all have gone over the time schedule and they're running late, etc.

• Blahblahblah6 months agoReport

So after being ignored for basically 24 hrs I've hired someone else

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Unless an emergency arose, perhaps an illness or accident, then they are totally unprofessional. As others have said, do not employ their services unless they have an acceptable reason for not responding to you. I lived in a rural area and my car's interior roof needed relining as it was sagging. I made arrangements with a company in the next town to do the job and when I fot there, they said the guy who was to do the job was sick today (probably hungover). I was annoyed they didn't let me know earlier to save the drive. So I found someone else to do the job. I doubt they even cared they lost a customer.

• Never
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They probably booked too much work by mistake. They should have called. You could text me a dozen times and I'm never responding. I don't text.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Because they are unprofessional pure and simple. There could be a reasonable explanation for having to reschedule but when a business "ghosts" you, it is a sign that they don't care about their customers and may have other issues. Do NOT allow these people into your home. Please look for a different company that has both a BBB rating and customer reviews on sites like Yelp. You may pay more for nationally known companies, but they tend to provide better service.

• 6 months ago

I would not let them in if they try to come.. They should have at least called.

• 6 months ago

I think this might be standard fare these days.

• The Taxpayer
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

but true. Bought a new washer 4 days ago. They sent me an email saying it's ready for delivery. No delivery. I called them and astonishingly they thought it was delivered. There's more to it and it's bewildering. Very low skill level.

• 6 months ago

yes it is very rude...did u call them to ask why? could be someone got injured or something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.