Will the anti-abortion laws transform the adoption industry?

I’m sure you’ve all heard about the recent change in abortion laws in a few different states. I’ve been wondering if anyone believes these will change the adoption industry, specifically newborn adoptions rather than international or foster care adoption. As of right now, there are over 30 couples waiting for... show more I’m sure you’ve all heard about the recent change in abortion laws in a few different states. I’ve been wondering if anyone believes these will change the adoption industry, specifically newborn adoptions rather than international or foster care adoption.

As of right now, there are over 30 couples waiting for placement for each newborn available for adoption. If women are giving birth rather than having abortions, will this make it to where adoption agencies in those states lower prices (I’m wincing while typing this out; it makes it appear as though babies are simply expensive designer bags) for prospective adoptive parents because the supply and demand are on a much more even playing field than they have been in the past? This is assuming the vast majority of these women do place the babies for adoption.

Any input or opinion would be appreciated.