What happens when u land at a Canadian Airport ?

I want to hear your experiences of visiting Canada. Ive heard that in the US when visitors come whether for a tour or a visit they are asked to give their finger prints(biometric) at the airport on arriving in Canada for security purposes,so is it the same for people coming to Canada? I'm a British myself,... show more I want to hear your experiences of visiting Canada. Ive heard that in the US when visitors come whether for a tour or a visit they are asked to give their finger prints(biometric) at the airport on arriving in Canada for security purposes,so is it the same for people coming to Canada? I'm a British myself, wanting to go Canada for a few weeks so that's why I am asking.
Also share your experiences at any the airports in Canada when you first came to Canada for visit or tour etc.
Thank you :)