What happens when u land at a Canadian Airport ?

I want to hear your experiences of visiting Canada. Ive heard that in the US when visitors come whether for a tour or a visit they are asked to give their finger prints(biometric) at the airport on arriving in Canada for security purposes,so is it the same for people coming to Canada? I'm a British myself, wanting to go Canada for a few weeks so that's why I am asking.

Also share your experiences at any the airports in Canada when you first came to Canada for visit or tour etc.

Thank you :)

It is actually easier than landing in the UK. No cops with machine guns for a start. Customs is an easy, and painless process for most entering Canada, and takes about a minute, if that.

The same as landing at a UK airport.

Star wars!

Some countries have started fingerprinting US citizens in retaliation for the US fingerprinting people from other countries. That doesn't mean they'll fingerprint you. Arriving in Canada is pretty simple. The only problem I've ever seen is when a friend, who was going to a conference, answered yes to the question about whether she was carrying any papers with her. They were looking for political stuff, I think, and searched her suitcase.

BTW, no one in any country has EVER asked me how much money I had!

Canada Border services asks the same questions every other country asks.

have a valid travel document, like a passport

be in good health

have no criminal or immigration-related convictions

convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country

convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit

have enough money for your stay

The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.

UK shares many data bases with Canadian officials and the computers have been checking you out from the minute you identity is supplied by the Airline on their passenger manifest and your ETA application.

The Agent that greets you at the Airport already knows lots about and is confirming the person in front of them matches their information.

You might get White Hatted,lassoed or branded if your arrive at the Calgary Airport in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_v5Kf4yxp0

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0jzTOTnbMk

Youtube thumbnail

Finger prints are only taken if there is some confusion about identity. You hand in the completed Customs sheet distributed on the plane, declare any extra you may have, answer a few questions and come through.

I'm an American. My experiences flying into Canada have been the same as flying into Britain and the EU. They ask the obligatory questions - why are you here, where are you staying,.........basically asking the same questions that are on the entry form. Then send you on your way.

The US has really streamlined the process, to the point its' almost all electronic. Granted that may depend on which port of entry you come into. I returned to the US via Miami International last month, not sure I even spoke to an immigration agent?

dont know!

Nothing like that, we only do mandatory digital exams upon entering and leaving Canada.