Can a commercial lease have a clause that allows landlord to terminate lease at any point, without cause?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Yes if its in the lease and tenant signs it.

• 7 months ago

Yes.

• Never
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It could but who would agree to that? Unless it was month to month from the start.

• 7 months ago

Yes......But if the lease allows the Lessor to terminate without cause the lease must allow the same privilege to the Lessee.

• Glenn S
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

the thumbs down just demonstrates how ignorant the majority of people that frequent the RE section here. I doubt anyone here has every heard of "equity under the law" legal principle. As a part of "common law" and allow courts to use discretion and apply justice in accordance with natural law.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Yes. But no one in their right mind would ever sign that lease.

• 7 months ago

i have heard of it being enforceable in residential leases...it should at minimum include a required notice period and a penalty....otherwise it would be very unwise to even consider it.

• 7 months ago

I suppose. There aren't the same protections for commercial space...have your attorney review or face the repercussions.

For a residential lease, a clause like this would be unenforceable...period.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I suppose they could, but the renter would be a fool to sign it.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

They can in the U.K., but few people would sign it.

• 7 months ago

I doubt anyone would sign one like that..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.