What would happen if taxes didn’t exist?

I get taxes withheld from all of my paychecks, it causes me great financial distress and makes me question why I work in the first place if i can’t have every single penny to myself. The biggest portions of money withheld from my check are Social security and Medicare tax. I personally don’t approve of social... show more I get taxes withheld from all of my paychecks, it causes me great financial distress and makes me question why I work in the first place if i can’t have every single penny to myself. The biggest portions of money withheld from my check are Social security and Medicare tax. I personally don’t approve of social security even existing or Medicare existing so my money is being taken from me. My very own money that I busted my a$$ for every week is going to toward something else and I had uses for that money. 90 dollars is getting taken out my paycheck every week, I actually need that 90 dollars to myself. I’m all for cutting every government aid program if it’s a means of less taxes getting withheld from my paycheck. My friends keep wanting and protesting for free college, I’m all against free college because that means higher tax rates and more of my money being taken from me. I don’t like my money being taken from me. I’m curious though, how would society be if there was no tax system or tax at all? Like if you work 40 hours a week getting paid 15 an hour how nice would it be to get the full 600 dollars all in your pocket?
44 answers 44