Why doesn’t the agency at my job understand the following:?

I work for a non for profit mental health facility that provides home based therapy and case management to children and families involved with Department of Children’s Services. 

Recently the Assistant Director was promoted to Director. She only has a Bachelor’s degree and no license in the mental health field. I will admit her a good work ethic and is an innovator. She is not qualified to be a therapist and yet she presides over therapist. This has caused many individuals in our agency to leave. The agency incentivizes individuals making and exceeding productivity and penalizes not making productivity but when you are penalized for clients canceling and no showing up because you are still expected to make productivity. The amount of PTO that is prorated for productivity has been cut in half and we still have to do mandatory trainings. Having someone unqualified in a leadership position makes the program a joke and makes it easy for staff to depreciate the quality of 

and makes it easy for staff to depreciate the quality of their work. Imposing unrealistic expectations just causes individuals to either fall short or engage in unethical practices. Unethical practices could be as small as lying and saying you worked less hours then you did or someone lying about how much time they spent with a client.

Favorite Answer

Because there dumb money mad business people

• true10 months agoReport

I completely agree the sad thing is they gave her the position and are struggling to find a Clinical Director. They want to make the Clinical Director of part-time position to save money but this is just lowering quality across the board