lost asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 7 months ago

does anyone else agree that Disney has ruined star wars?

ok so where do you guys thing they went wrong in the prequel's if you could narrow it down.

Favorite Answer

No, George Lucas did that all on his own with those apalling prequel movies.

Look, here's the truth. The original three Star Wars Movies were very special, and nobody is ever going to be able to capture the spark that they lit inside children of the 80s.

I'm just glad that I was one of those children, and I got to feel the essence of Star Wars, experience those movies in their time.

The George Lucas prequels were mostly embarrassing and awful, and unfortunately demonstrated how little he understood about what made the original movies so captivating.

The recent Star Wars Movies are a decent and valiant effort to bring some new life to that world, but they still pale in comparison to the original trilogy.

I would welcome a great new Star Wars movie. The closest we have got to that is Rogue One, which is pretty damn fine.

• They also failed because they relied very heavily on CGI spectacle, at a time when CGI had not fully developed in terms of its capabilities... and the heart of the story, the script, was neglected.

Totally agreed......it was jj abrams and his goofiness and trying to spin a web of mystery and thats not what star wars is. Its not freaking LOST with jack and hurley and desmond.

Yes They Have Ruined Alot Of Things

Yes, I do

Yes. The prequels weren't good movies, but they didn't harm the originals or long term continuity...well, okay, other than trying to explain the Force. Ugh.

The new trilogy undoes all of the character growth and strength of the original trilogy. Han Solo is back as a smuggler running from and getting into firefights with his creditors. Luke goes from being the one person in the galaxy who could see the good in a monster like Vader and redeeming him to someone who tried to kill his nephew. And Leia became...Mary Poppins.

The new characters have no real arcs. They do nonsensical things in service of the plot of the moment. They win lightsaber duels against experienced sith with no training. The new movies are better acted and littered with great jokes, so they don't FEEL worse than the prequels when you walk out of the theater, but when you think about them...they're SO MUCH WORSE.

• Dario

No sorry, i don't think so. The only thing that's wrong about The Force Awakens is that it's kinda a copycat of A New Hope. The Last Jedi was ok and it was fun. I remember that according to many people even the prequel trilogy "ruined" Star Wars. Maybe some people just can't accept novelties. Older does not mean automatically better.

they should have stopped at 3.carrie fisher is dead mark hammily and the rest are all senior citizens or dead

• Kyle

i don't understand the hate. they're fun and enjoyable action / sci-fi films. you either like them or you don't. i have the collection, and look forward to The Rise of Skywalker.

• lost7 months agoReport

i like your optimism to keep it passive lol

• Sky

I lost interest in it once they came out with "Episode 1".

• lost7 months agoReport

how far into episode 1 did you get ? or did you not see it all together?

no, the prequels were before disney took over.

• lost7 months agoReport

jar jar binks was awesome are you telling me his not in star wars no more?