Which engineering branch is best for quiet and introverted people?

I am very good at mathematics physics and chemistry.I want to build my career in engineering. But I m very quiet and introverted.so can u please suggest the best branch for me??

11 Answers

Relevance
  • qrk
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Any branch of engineering can fit your needs. What interests you? It's more the job duties that will determine if you can be isolated, not the type of engineering. Finding that job function will be the challenge. That said, as an engineer you will need to communicate with people. You may even be required to speak in front of a small group to outline your progress. Over time, this becomes easier when you become comfortable with your fellow employees.

• 7 months ago

You should choice the engineering department & take the CSE subject. Because, If anyone wants to study in CSE, he/she must good at mathematics & problem solving.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Train to become an inspector in quality control. - Metrology.

Most of the time you will get a temperature controlled environment which is usually pretty quiet compared to workshops. You will have to calibrate gauges and equipment, and materials testing on samples, write detailed reports - and depending on your level you may be responsible for final finished products to issue certificates of conformity. Basically if there is something wrong with anything - it's your fault!

Not so important if it for a domestic customer - big issue if it is with a defence contact or aviation!

Most of the time it helps if you are able to manufacture the things you inspect, so it is usual to work your way up to inspector. That way you recognise what the typical faults may be and look for those. You may not be able to spot a turned thread that has become lobed like a 50p due to harmonic vibration - as it will measure a constant size with a caliper and seem correct - but still won't fit the mating part.

• 7 months ago

Go to your local library and find a Vocational Aptitude Test. Take the test to find your best field. This is the field you should pursue. It is the one based on your best interests, the field you will be the happiest working in, the one where you will make the most contribution and the one which will contribute the most to you. I did this 50 years ago and It was very beneficial for me. It it most important to know where your strongest field is. You can slide sideways into other related fields but your strong suite will dominate everything you do. It will also be beneficial to know your weakest areas. These will show up in The VAT results, also. The test will take a few hours.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mars
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Train Engineer.

• 7 months ago

Attention quiet introvert: Solving problems is your job as an engineer. All of those problems are problems that people have. Frequently the people can't even express what or why it is a problem. They know its a problem, and its probably your fault. The number one reason why engineering projects fail is poor definition of the problem. The wrong problem or no problem gets solved. Communication along with patience and perserverance is the antidote to poor problem definition. You don't have to like everyone. You just have to listen to them, communicate with them, and do your best to learn what their real problem is, not what they think it might be. The real answer is it doesn't matter what branch you choose based on quiet and introverted. You will have to work with people regardless of your branch. What those people will be like is difficult to predict. In my career, I have worked with lots of different people in lots of different industries. It has been critical for me to listen and learn in every situation I am in, first project in a new company, or 500th project in an old company. I do not have to be best friends, or even good friends with the people I work with. I just have to work with them. Make sure you have interests outside of work.

• 7 months ago

My advice as an engineer, and natural intovert:

1. Pick your engineering profession bsaed on your interest, not your personality.

2. There is nothing wrong with being shy, but if it makes you ineffective in some situations, try joining Toastmasters to boost confidence and learn how to speak and present. Or if still in High School, there might be speech competitions, which take all levels, including novice.

• 7 months ago

Noise cancelling technology, like headphones, jet engine exhausts, recording studios, apartment house walls, car interiors.

• 7 months ago

Ok, I am currently an engineering student and I think you should decide for yourself. If you are really brainy maybe try Mechanical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering. Look at the majors the schools you are applying to offer, and pick one that interests you. I can say from experience that all the engineering majors will be filled with quiet, intellectual type people.

• Any branch u like

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.