Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 year ago

Why does this happen to me?

I am happy for a while when I do the things I enjoy but never receive full satisfaction and find myself moody and depressed again. I have a void inside

• Ben
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Seek the Lord? Find a church to attend?

• we are all on a quest to find god in this life.

• 1 year ago

It's great that you are reaching out for help. We understand how difficult it can be to struggle with depression. Please consider using healthy coping skills (exercising, journaling, listening to music, etc.) to help you manage your pain.

It's so important that you reach out for support from a trusted adult such as a parent, school counselor, teacher, coach, or minister. We would suggest getting evaluated by a medical doctor or mental health professional, and getting involved in counseling if your depression persists. It may help you to talk to a counselor at a hotline. Know that there is help out there for you and you are not alone.

Counselor, MT

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000, www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
  • Peter
    1 year ago

Because you didn't subscribe to Peter Chao

• 1 year ago

This is honestly normal when fighting/going through depression. It’s even normal for people who aren’t diagnosed with depression. You have your great days then you have your not so great days. Nothing wrong with it, you just need to learn to cope so you don’t let it take over you. Keep a positive mindset at all times, make sure you’re getting enough sunshine (no sunshine can make you have a depressed feeling as that’s why people are sometimes depressed during the winter), also on your not so good days take a me day or keep yourself busy!

• 1 year ago

Life is full of highs and lows, ups and downs. We can't be happy all the time. It is important to understand that our lowest lows are what make our highest highs feel so good. All we can do as people is try to do things we enjoy, and try to make our lives feel meaningful. Try to find things that bring you joy. Don't be too hard on yourself my friend. We are all in this together.

• carrie
    1 year ago

You sound like 90% of the population. We are all looking for something, but we don't know what we are looking for.