christina asked in PetsDogs · 7 months ago

my yorkie gave birth a week ago and is dehydrated and she has diarrhea please help whyis this is she ok?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • TK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Why is she dehydrated? You should have a constant supply of fresh, clean water for her. What does your vet say is going on? If you haven't taken her in, then do so now - and take the puppies also.

• 7 months ago

most postpartum b i tches have diarrhea for a few weeks. their insides are tender. and she is dehydrated probably because she doesn't want to leave the litter to drink water. You need to keep an eye on her temperature so she doesn't run a fever, and if necessary, sub q some ringer's in her. Since you don't know this, my advice is to get her to a vet

• 7 months ago

Take her to the vet immediately. Also take the puppies if they seem wrong. Probably try to give the pups milk (but for puppies obviously like a formula)

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Before she ends up dying and the puppies die too - get her to the vet immediately.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

THE BEST PERSON TO ASK WOULD BE YOUR BREEDING MENTOR OR VET (this is an automatically generated answer also) because i refuse to aid byb`s in any way

• 7 months ago

Definitely take her to the vets. I presume you took her and the pups after whelping.

Not sure how aware you are of how easy it is to lose a b*tch at this stage

• 7 months ago

She should NOT be dehydrated but if she has continual diarrhoea, she could easily become so and that is extremely serious. However, she may well be loose for a while after whelping, especially if you let her consume a lot of the placenta.

Talk to a VET.

• 7 months ago

Then get it to the vet. Sorry - I don't give much help to lowly backyard breeders like you. Now because you selfishly bred this dog it's sick and likely going to DIE since your solution is to post useless questions on here to strangers. She could have a freaking DEAD PUPPY inside her!!!!

• 7 months ago

What did the vet say at her routine, post natal check up?

What has your vet advised since?

This is NOT ok and needs veterinary attention.

• 7 months ago

she needs to see a vet asap

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.