Why did the Big Bang theory end after only 12 seasons when it has high ratings?

How will i fill the empty void in my life :(

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Parsons wanted to retire.

• 6 months ago

Jim Parsons wanted to move on to other things I mean after all, the show has been on for twelve seasons and I'm sure you'll" find a new show to fill your void.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It started getting stale after the 3rd season. Once the novelty wore off.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because it's a horrible show with the rudest characters I've ever seen. Seriously, watch a clip of the show without the laugh track and just feel how cringy the "comedy" is.

I also downvoted myself for attention! :D

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • EddieJ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Network upfronts were this week. There are a bunch of new shows that will be starting in the fall.

Meanwhile, there are all sorts of old shows you could watch.

• 6 months ago

Jim Parsons didn't renew his contract and wanted to move on. He turned down 50 million. But the other cast also felt the same that it was time

It was just time for it to end.There really wasn't much story left.There is a time when shows need to come to an end instead of losing it's quality.It already was getting past it's due date.

Had they continued they would of only been doing it for the money

• 6 months ago

Jim Parsons (Sheldon) wanted to move on to other things. So that's it. But it went out perfectly. Great finale. Plus we still have young Sheldon next season. It's good too.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

terminator the Sarah Connor chronicles..... That finished on a cliff hanger after 2 seasons

• 6 months ago

Because Jim Parsons, the actor who plays Sheldon, could not come to salary terms with the show; without him under contract for future seasons, they decided to end the show.

• Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

had NOTHING to do with salary. he was sick of it and wanted to move on to other opportunities.

• YKhan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's starting to get stale.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.