Bogi asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 6 months ago

Would you live in Chicago permanently?

I visited Chicago during the winter and it was beautiful! It was one of the 3 most iconic cities in the US. Is it worth living there?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'm ready to move.

• 4 months ago

Always have. In addition to its many world class cultural institutions (The Art Institute, Field Museum, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Civic Opera, Lincoln Park and Brookfield Zoos, the Museum of Science and Industry to name just a very few), Chicago is home to several of the foremost colleges and universities in the United States. On a practical basis, Chicago has one of the most extensive public transportation systems on Earth (98% of Chicago residents live within three blocks of a CTA bus or L line and the vast majority of those lines run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.)

• Benny
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I've lived in Chicago or its immediate suburbs all my life!

• 6 months ago

I have lived in the Chicago AREA for most of my life. I live in the suburbs, and most of the suburbs are relatively pleasant. The city government is horribly corrupt, although a "reform" mayor was just installed. Many of the public schools are rotten because most white and Asian kids go to private schools.

The weather is not as bad as they make it out to be, and it is very pleasant in the spring and fall.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Toruko
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I could have purchased property in Chicago but chose Detroit.

Compounding any supposed error on my part would have

me quit Salish Sea winters for that of Chicago and Detroit.

• 6 months ago

I'll pass any time.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i rnight

• LM440
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I've never been there but it is obvious it is one of greatest cities in the U.S.. However, I don't like wind and cold temperatures so it is not for me.

• 6 months ago

It is a wonderful city with lots of culture, arts, and history.

Too bad they can't do anything about the weather. It is unlivable 9 months a year.

I'll stay in San Francisco.

• ajtheactress
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

My residence is on bedrock, 1989 quake resulted in some cabinet doors shaking open.

I'll take that over the snowstorm of 1978 that shut down Chicago for 3 days, and the one in 1998 that shut down the airports for 2 days.

Every area has it's pluses and minuses.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sure, Chicago has a lot to offer. Live as close to Lake Michigan as possible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.