How can I make a girl friend my girlfriend?

I'm a guy in my early 20's. I'm friends with a girl my age. We've known each other for a year. We are co workers so we naturally became friends. We hang out some times but it's always friendly. I like to pick her up and go to the mall, beach, go for ice cream, etc. I have a big crush on her.... show more I'm a guy in my early 20's. I'm friends with a girl my age. We've known each other for a year. We are co workers so we naturally became friends. We hang out some times but it's always friendly. I like to pick her up and go to the mall, beach, go for ice cream, etc. I have a big crush on her. She's very cute. I know she thinks I'm cute too because a mutual friend of ours told me she said I was cute. I want to make things kinda flirty between us but I don't know how. Or how she feels. She's a great friend and If I lose that it will be a big loss. Any ideas? I want to do this in baby steps. I refuse to pour my heart out and make an *** out of myself. I see her as a potential girlfriend and if another guy locks her down it will hurt.
27 answers 27