Could I have died today?

I was at school today feeling very ill. I could barely even carry my school bag and my one teacher sent me to the sick room because she said I looked extremely weak. I had to get permission from my other teacher to be in the sick room and she thought I was faking. She reluctantly called my mum and my mum took me to... show more I was at school today feeling very ill. I could barely even carry my school bag and my one teacher sent me to the sick room because she said I looked extremely weak. I had to get permission from my other teacher to be in the sick room and she thought I was faking. She reluctantly called my mum and my mum took me to the doctor. The doctor said I had bronchitis and prescribed me some antibiotics. He never took my temperature, but I felt extremely cold. My mum took my temperature when we got home and it was 38.6°C. I was hallucinating and I couldn't keep any food down. I kept falling asleep almost instantly everytime I closed my eyes for more than a few seconds. The hallucinations got worse to the point where I forgot my younger brother existed. My mother immediately made me take the antibiotics and I fell asleep. I woke up and my fever was gone. I still feel weak, but I'm not hallucinating anymore. My mum said if I stayed at school I'd probably be dead. Is she overexagerating or would that have actually been possible? Especially if I didn't see the doctor today and got medication?
10 answers 10