Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 7 months ago

Can it be said that in the end everyone and everything becomes part of the sun?

When sun swallows Earth some 7 billion years from now, then everyone and everything on Earth becomes part of Sun. Is that the ultimate end?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes, but - what does the Sun then become?

• 7 months ago

Well, I will have moved by then

Attachment image
  • John
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I believe there's a swallow, and then the belch is the true end.

• goring
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

The Biblical record indicates that there will be a new haven and Earth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Yes, it can be said. Anything can be said.

I suspect that before our Sun reaches its full red giant size, it would have vaporized the Earth and swept the vapor out of the solar system with solar winds.

• 7 months ago

In a sense, the sun will slowly expand enveloping the earth but by that point, everything will have long since been burned away.

By that time, humans would likely do a 'Noa's arc' thing to another habitable planet in the galaxy.

• Paula
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes that is true.

It will happen in about 5 billion years.

But not everyone will become part of the sun.

I plan to emigrate to Mars before that happens.

• 7 months ago

Yes, the sun will engulf the earth. But everything on earth, including us, came out of stars. Every atom of every element except hydrogen was made inside a star. So our atoms will be returning to where they began.

• YKhan
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Well, assuming that there aren't some of us who haven't moved out to the outer parts of the solar system, or even further by that point in time. Even moving the Mars will prevent us from being swallowed by the Sun.

• 7 months ago

Heavens no. The big red giant that engulfs much of the solar system will eventually die out from the lack of fuel. Then what's left of the Sun will be a cold celestial body.

Had our Sun been roughly two to four times the size it is today, it would collapse as the red giant and become a super nova. But, alas, our Sun is too tiny for such a glorious ending. So it'll just become a cold rock.

• Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

when the sun collapses into its whit dwarf stage after the red giant stage it will tack 10 trillion years for the Sun to cool to a dead black dwarf

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.