Do you think 14 dollars per hour is ok?

Like for a job ??

Favorite Answer

You have to start somewhere, somehow. I have been a janitor and I have been a vice president.

• Kelly

As a first job out of school or for someone without many financial obligations it's fine. In most areas it's not something you can provide for a family on though.

Anywhere is a start though. You'd be surprised how many CEO's and other high level positions started in low level positions for their respective employers.

If your living at home with your parents and are in school then yeah but if you graduated already then no

• B

no, the after tax dollars per hour is less than $11.50 after paying for medicare and social security and federal income tax.

• Judy

depends on what the job is.

I made more than that in 1988.

like what skills do you have and related experience? if the answer is no and none -- yes, it's ok.

Source(s): grampa
  • Zirp

gross or net?

What kind of work? what kind of hours?

Depends on your needs, but it could be OK for a small percentage of people who have another means of support.

Depends on what you are doing. I would not expect anyone to do what I do for less than $50 an hour. However if the job involves asking "do you want fries with that?" or "for here or to go?" $14 an hour is pretty good in most parts of the country.