Do you think 14 dollars per hour is ok?

Like for a job ??

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You have to start somewhere, somehow. I have been a janitor and I have been a vice president.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

As a first job out of school or for someone without many financial obligations it's fine. In most areas it's not something you can provide for a family on though.

Anywhere is a start though. You'd be surprised how many CEO's and other high level positions started in low level positions for their respective employers.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

If your living at home with your parents and are in school then yeah but if you graduated already then no

• B
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

no, the after tax dollars per hour is less than $11.50 after paying for medicare and social security and federal income tax.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

depends on what the job is.

• 7 months ago

I made more than that in 1988.

• 7 months ago

like what skills do you have and related experience? if the answer is no and none -- yes, it's ok.

Source(s): grampa
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

gross or net?

What kind of work? what kind of hours?

• 7 months ago

Depends on your needs, but it could be OK for a small percentage of people who have another means of support.

• 7 months ago

Depends on what you are doing. I would not expect anyone to do what I do for less than $50 an hour. However if the job involves asking "do you want fries with that?" or "for here or to go?" $14 an hour is pretty good in most parts of the country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.