I quit my job! How do I tell my current clients I'll no longer be working with them?

I'm a kitchen designer and I work for a company with full turnkey service, which means I am responsible for working with them from the initial consultation up until the very last moments of installation. This process usually takes about five or six months with renovation, etc. I'm currently working with... show more I'm a kitchen designer and I work for a company with full turnkey service, which means I am responsible for working with them from the initial consultation up until the very last moments of installation. This process usually takes about five or six months with renovation, etc. I'm currently working with about six different people, all at different stages of their kitchen remodel. My boss now tells me that I am responsible for letting my clients know that I am leaving, and I am also responsible for pairing them with a different designer and getting them acquainted. My last day is Friday (tomorrow) and my boss didn't tell me this information until about an hour ago today (Thursday).

How should I break the news to my clients that I will be leaving them in the middle of their projects??