Is taking calc, bio, physics, chem and English in my first year of college too much?

I am about to graduate high school in June and I am looking into enrolling for my college courses. I am going into the sciences and majoring in biology and later on I hope to attend medical school. I have good grades and a strong work ethic but is taking first year calculus, biology, chemistry, physics and English... show more I am about to graduate high school in June and I am looking into enrolling for my college courses. I am going into the sciences and majoring in biology and later on I hope to attend medical school. I have good grades and a strong work ethic but is taking first year calculus, biology, chemistry, physics and English all in the fall term too much? I will have labs for the science courses as well which will add a lot to the work load. I am not really sure what to expect with the classes. Does anyone who's completed first year science and math courses have any recommendations for me? Would it be best to just grind and try to get these courses out of the way or maybe take more time with them. I believe science students typically take 5 courses per term but it just seems like so much!