t asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 7 months ago

what should I do if my blood suger drops and I am a diabetic?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

You can buy glucose tablets from the pharmacy.

But if you don't have any, then just eat something sweet.

• 7 months ago

That really depends on what you mean by drops. Are you talking from the 200 range to 175? Keep up what you are doing, adjust carbs, move more if possible, and keep taking your meds as prescribed.

Or are you talking 120 to 56? Of course eat or drink something to correct the low, retest after 15 mins to make sure it's headed in the right direction. If it's not going up much or at all, drink/eat more of your correcting option, retest again at 15 mins.

If this is a one off thing, don't worry, but keep in mind that you need to eat regularly, to help prevent lows from happen. If this is happening a lot, have your doctor look at adjusting your meds/insulin, to help keep this from happening.

• Alfred
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

1. eat or drink something sweet iimmediately

2. inform your attendin g physician

3. if you're on sugar- lowering drugs- doses may have to be adjusted.

4. remember-low blood sugar is much more dangerous than slightly high levels.

it can ( the low level) cause loss of consciousness and/ or convulsions and/ or even death- depending on the ''depth'' of the low sugar level.

• 7 months ago

Eat fruit, walking fast every morning, get some glucose tablet

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Take glucose tablets. Eat a hand ful of macadamia nuts or walnuts.

• 7 months ago

Drink orange juice or any other form of fruit juice. You can also eat one or more sugary lollies like "Jelly beans". Even toast with honey or peanut butter is good.

• 7 months ago

Eat something asap

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

drink sorne orange juice and keep track of your sugar and talk to your doctor about it the next tirne you see hirn

• 7 months ago

Eat something with about 15 carbs in it. Wait 15 mins. Test blood sugar again. If below 70 eat something again.

• 7 months ago

Eat a piece of candy or fruit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.