Can someone see my information if they obtain my Wifi password?

I have secure wifi. If someone obtained my password will they be able to see my private wifi information like my contacts and everything else or will they just be able to use my wifi?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

hacker

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

No, just having a wifi password doesn't expose user data like that.

• 7 months ago

It depends. The password only lets them on to your network, it depends on how well you secure computer/devices. For example, if you have file sharing turned on for the network, then anyone on your network as access to them. Some people setup guest passwords for their router so that guests are restricted on what they have access to, which is usually just the internet. It just depends on how well you secure everything when you let guest on to your network.

• 7 months ago

Just because somebody obtained your Wi-Fi password doesn't mean that they can remotely control your computer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

With your Wi-Fi password, that person would be able to use your Wi-Fi network. Your contacts and/or files have nothing to do with your Internet connection or Wi-Fi.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Of course not. Do you not understand how wifi works????? Don't you ask for the wifi password when you visit someone???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.