Can I get into legal trouble?

I sold a TV for $60 not knowing it was broken. I was told by a Walmart employee I just needed to replace the cord. I have 2 TVs so I put it for sale on letgo and let it be known that it needed a new cord. Someone bought it and told me it was broken. I felt bad and offered him the money back. He never messaged me... show more I sold a TV for $60 not knowing it was broken. I was told by a Walmart employee I just needed to replace the cord. I have 2 TVs so I put it for sale on letgo and let it be known that it needed a new cord. Someone bought it and told me it was broken. I felt bad and offered him the money back. He never messaged me back. A few weeks later he’s asking me for the money. I recently was in TWO car crashes and went to the hospital. I now owe $600 to the hospital I went to, have a ticket for no insurance, and am in debt now. I work making $8.30 an hour and don’t have any extra money. I pay $150 for car insurance now and on top of that rent. I wish I could give him the money but I don’t have it. He is now threatening legal action. Can he even do anything? I didn’t know the tv was broken and when I tried getting the money to him twice he didn’t respond. What can I do?
54 answers 54