Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 7 months ago

Is it fun to wear flip flops during vacation?

During summer time when I go on vacation, I notice a lot of tourists wear flip flops. They wear them in the airplane and wear them everywhere they go, whether it be relaxing at a beach or doing lots of walking in Disney World or museums. A LOT of them wear flip flops everywhere they go. I can imagine that not having your feet confined in shoes must feel good.

Do you recommend that I try doing what other tourists do and spend my next vacation wearing only flip flops and not shoes?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Flip flops are not good for vacations that will involve a lot of walking. I guarantee that most people who wear flip flops to Disney World regret it the next day. They are good for the beach, the pool, quick shopping trips, running errands, etc.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Not for me dude, that sound does my melon in.

• 7 months ago

Not if you're not used to them.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

You are better off wearing sandals with a heel strap and arch support.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

If you have very strong feet you might get away with that but for most people the lack of arch support in a flipflop causes foot pain.

• 7 months ago

It really depends where you're going, and when.

They're also not confined to holidays - many people in warmer countries wear them as normal footwear.

• WiseMan7 months agoReport

I didn’t give you the thumbs down but my guess is because people feel that just because many people do it, it doesn’t mean it’s rigtht. There are countries where many people smoke; it doesn’t make it right.

• 7 months ago

If you want your entire persona to scream "tourist" absolutely wear flip-flops.

• 7 months ago

I do not like them so will only wear them around the house

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I don't think so. Actual sandals that have a strap to keep the heel fixed to the shoe are much better

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Why don't you go barefoot ? it's more confortable

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.