Bitten by a customer's dog?

I'm a part-time delivery driver and was delivering to a customer earlier when her dog (large) came out of nowhere and ran up on the porch. She came out to get her food, saw the dog coming and tried to hold it back but it was too strong. It grabbed and bit my upper right arm before she pulled it off and put it away inside the house.

While it wasnt a large bite, it was a big chunk in that area that drew alot of blood. She was very apologetic and told me she forgot the dog was out. She disinfected the wound immediately and patched it with a bandaid, she also gave me some painkiller pills. But ots still bleeding alot now thru the band-aid.

Getting bit sucks but I am appreciative of her tending to the wound, she also told me to keep in touch. My arm is getting numb now idk what to do should I let it heal or go to a clinic?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

aw buddy boy!!!!!!

• 7 months ago

hospital

• 7 months ago

If your arm is going numb go to the ER immediately.

In the mean time, put pressure on the wound.

Call your doctor to see when you had your last tetanus shot. If it was over 10 years ago get another tetanus shot. Ask the dog owner if the dog had it's rabies shots.

Ordinarily the big risks of a dog bite are infection, tetanus or (if it is a stray in a foreign country) rabies. If it's bad enough to make your arm numb something else is going on.

• 7 months ago

There is some good advice here.

In future is you still have the package and a dig runs at you, shove the package in its face. I delivered mail at one time and escaped injury a few times by giving dogs a handful or mail or a package to chew on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Go to the emergency room and have proper treatment. A dog bite is serious and needs proper care. SHe should pay for these expenses as it occurred on her property by an unrestrained dog.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You need to go to the ER and get it looked at and maybe stitched up. The animal control people need to quarantine the dog to make sure it isn't sick. The dog owner needs to pay your doctor bills for this incident too.

• 7 months ago

First, report this ASAP to your employer so that you can be covered under Worker's Comp. Then get to a doctor. If it's been a while since you had a tetanus shot, you may need a booster.

• 7 months ago

painkiller? i hope you mean OTC. go to urgent care, the dog owner is responsible for the bills...you may have to sue. if you were employed by a company, workmens comp may pay for it. if you are self employed, you will have to foot the bill and pass it along to the dog owner

you do NOT need a hospital...unless something like this happens when urgent care is closed..idiots running to the ER for things like this are why costs are so high and waits are so long at hospitals

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Police because you were assaulted and your employer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.