Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 7 months ago

Do you think this might he racist?

So I am playing the Sims games and thinking about making tutorials on how to create a Sims Character from each skin tone and do you think it would be racist if I put "black" or "Aferican American" in a playlist on my YouTube channel. Which one do you think I should use. Cause I am thinking about making tutorials for each skin tone.

Favorite Answer

...how would that be racist?

You should put "dark skin" or something of that nature because if you think about it, not every person with dark skin is black or african American. For example there are indian people with dark skin tones as well as spanish.

• yeah7 months agoReport

I've actually never thought of using the title as "Dark" but I wanted to be more specific

White cartoonists create black characters. Is that racist?

No not at all, unless the content of the video is racist. If you're making a tutorial for how to make Sims of different skin colors, then it would be helpful to include that in the title or playlist.

i wouldn't say so. actually, a guide on how to make different races look realistic in the sims (provided the content itself isnt racist) sounds useful

• David

This question is racist. Milk is racist. Racism is racist. The air is racist.

• Err not really...Black or AA are simply definitions for that particular group of people and translate to mean the same thing, , and it's only racist imho if the relative group of people believe it is,, ie if it's offensive, contemptual etc, in thier conscience and even subconscience opinion, though America has barstardized the Spanish translation of the word "black" and interpreted it as an offensive gesture so much so i can't even type it correctly on here as it would be censored "n;egro" which btw like the English translation means the "colour" black, which isn't censored, so by that fact, i should really say it's only legit to use the phrase" African American" but really using black isn't offensive as much as using "white" isn't what' could be deemed to me as offensive is those people who have to designate them as different, as if it were really important, though i do understand reasons why you would ask this question considering it's a public not private media source..

cheers

Add..When reading no offensive, but i thought this was going to be another rhetorrical daft question, but it's a very good one..jeje

• Mr. P

No not racist at all. People are getting too hung up on what is or may be offensive. If you don't believe it is then just carry on.

i wouldn't say so. actually, a guide on how to make different races look realistic in the sims (provided the content itself isnt racist) sounds useful, as its not a very widespread topic.

No sims are fictitious world