Why do teenagers act and talk ghetto nowadays?

I live in a good suburban neighborhood but all of the teenagers try to act all “gangsta”. They don’t even talk right even though we go to a private school, they post things on Instagram like “I don’t like da police so if they tryna brick me and I found out u told u betta neva come in my hood or else imma check u”.... show more I live in a good suburban neighborhood but all of the teenagers try to act all “gangsta”. They don’t even talk right even though we go to a private school, they post things on Instagram like “I don’t like da police so if they tryna brick me and I found out u told u betta neva come in my hood or else imma check u”. “U got an iPhone? U betta neva come in my hood or else imma rob ur asss”. Things like that. They sag their pants to their knees, blast rap music, and I’m like wtf? Why do they act like this? Is it cool or something? The funny thing is that their parents aren’t like them at all, they live in big nice houses in a nice community and act like they are in the hood.
8 answers 8