glcang
glcang asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

How could Jesus have died for my sins when I was born 1990 years after he died?

Favorite Answer

You ve spotted the religious BS.

"Sin" is a matter of opinion

You really care what some towel head who died 2000 years ago thinks??

Same way Revolutionary soldiers died so your car’s steering wheel could be on the left side instead of the right side, even though they won THAT little skirmish about 214 years before you were born? Hey, sh*it happens, even if it’s old....

Jesus Christ has paid it all, for you and for everyone, just believe.

God loves You

Believe in Jesus

Jesus is the Way

• Lv 4

i mean this in the nicest possible way... it makes absolutely NO SENSE to me!!! hey-suse doesn't take away my "sins" or pay for anything for *me*!! KARMA: THE COSMIC CREDIT CARD!!! your debt WILL be collected!!!

• Hogie

When you were born is irrelevant. Sins are crimes, and you can either pay the penalty yourself, or someone can take the punishment in your stead, which He did. It is written that God planned this out this way before the first man was even created.

IKR?

That’s the exact same question I asked myself “What does some guy dying 2000 years ago have to do with me and my sins, now?”

I could not understand the ‘sacrifice thingy’... and it REALLY bothered me because everyone else seemed to get it. It made me feel stupid (and I hated feeling stupid!)... and there was no way I was ever going to ask one of them to explain it...

So, with utter contempt that I was reduced to having to ask... I asked God to show me what it meant. That night Jesus showed up and showed me... first hand... that what he did, he did for me; it was personal. There was no such thing as time... the cross is a portal into another dimension. The cross split history into two, and ripped the fabric of time into two.

Ask to understand. It isn’t something any of us could have figured out on our own.

He could not have, had He only been a good man who came into existence himself nearly 2,000 years ago, died, and remained dead.

But if God, in Christ, enabled punishment for all sin ever committed to be borne by that sinless one, then His resurrection from the dead proved Him to truly be the Son of God, then He could have.

It's all about how God manifests His righteousness to save the unrighteous, yet without violating His own law, that all sin must be punished. It's about justice that is breath-taking in its scope. Because we humans cannot see further than the ends of our own noses (spiritually speaking), we just cannot see it. That is where we need to come to Christ, to learn of Him, for He is humble and His yolk is easy and His load light.

Only once we discover just who it was, dying for our sins on that cross, will we understand. It was God, in Christ, doing what we could never do to be released from our slavery to sin. The Son of God became fully human in order to fully represent all humanity, while remaining fully divine to have the magnitude of deity needed to deal with all sin, forensically, in one action. You have to grasp that this Jesus - the Jesus of the Bible, not the Jesus of the Qur'an or the Book of Mormon or of the Jehovah's Witnesses - was eternally the Son of God from before creation. That He made everything that was made, then became flesh as the virgin Mary's child. Study the first chapter of John's gospel account, then read on to the end. That account was written "that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." (John 20:31)

• Michael

Back to John 1:1, 2- https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1962726?q=Jesus+is+the+Christ+the+Son+of+God&p=par

That is the excuse the writers used for making up the NT.

Jesus was probably crucified between 30-33 AD, so I just wanted to clarify that. Far more important is believing what the Bible says. "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29). God knew you from eternity past, and He sent His only Son to pay for your sins because of His infinite love for you (John 3:16).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute. Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave (1 Cor. 15:3-4). The Bible is clear that salvation is not by our good works. The only condition for receiving everlasting life is to believe in Jesus for that free gift! It really is that simple.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• glcang

Very silly...o yeah and Jesus’ birth did not mark the new century

Tithe to the cause and you will be accepted, stop being obnoxious.

Congratulations- you made it in, just before the cutoff.

Sorry, those of you born in 1991 or after- y'all is screwed.

• liam7 months agoReport

Marcus 11 2 1 and ye shall be grateful for thy sacrifice, but I ain't gonna do sh#the for those born after 1991