Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 1 year ago

How can I become better and faster at soloing on electric guitar?

Been playing for a few years now but I still feel like I m not as good at soloing or other things that require me to be fast on single notes.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Who cares

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

More practice.

• 1 year ago

If you're simply looking to increase your spped on solos that you already know how to play, there are a couple of things you can do. First, plot out the most efficient fingering. You've got 4 fingers and a handful of different places to find the same note on the fretboard. That can make a lot of different ways to play the same licks. Make sure that you utilize your fingers so that they aren't fumbling over each other as you change from one note to the next. Once you've gotten the most efficient fingering, you have to practice it hundreds of times. The idea is to build muscle memory so that your fingers play it without you having to think about each note. Start slow and accurate. You don't want to memorize your mistakes. Slowly build speed. It will come.

All of this will be easier with an experienced teacher who can show you ways to make your fingering more efficient.

Source(s): Playing guitar since 1964
  • 1 year ago

First, get a truly fine guitar teacher. Also, find the docu on TV of "Blood, Frets, and Tears". These interviews and performance clips of guitar gods will be inspiring! Although we are professional classical musicians, we were truly impressed and learned a lot. Respect . . .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

You should be asking your guitar teacher this question, not us. If you don't have a guitar teacher then there's your answer.

Source(s): Playing guitar for 56 years, still taking lessons
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.