How can I get my son to stop hitting me?

He’s two and a half years old. When he gets mad about something he likes to try to hit me or bite me. He never used to hit and so I can only assume he’s picked it up at daycare being around other kids. I tried to ask his father what he does to discipline him at his house and he likes to claim our son is a perfect... show more He’s two and a half years old. When he gets mad about something he likes to try to hit me or bite me. He never used to hit and so I can only assume he’s picked it up at daycare being around other kids. I tried to ask his father what he does to discipline him at his house and he likes to claim our son is a perfect angel over there and he never has serious problems with him. I just feel like my son is getting out of control beyond the whole typical “terrible twos”. Spanking doesn’t phase him and even if it did, I wouldn’t prefer it since he’s already a hitter himself. Time out doesn’t work either. Sitting him down doesn’t work either. I feel like I’m at a dead end. Any advice?
10 answers 10