JonZ
Lv 7
JonZ asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 months ago

Will you miss Tim Conway, one if the funniest people to ever live? His passing is sad news! ☹️.....?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I hadn't even heard about ti! Doris Day died and the news is full of that. I'm sad to lose either of them. But in both cases, their body of work is mostly decades ago.

Conway was really a genius. His contribution to TV comedy in the 60s/70s was enormous, both in his own work and in the influence had on others. If someone were to go through his body of work, in programs like McHale's Navy and the Carol Burnett Show, to cut out his best bits and paste them together into a 90 minute show, I think people watching it would laugh harder than they have in a long time. It's a kind of comedy we don't see anymore.

(I just looked him up. All the articles say 'Tim Conway of the Carol Burnett Show'. It's funny how people are remembered for one thing when they did LOTS of things. It would be like people saying 'Oh yeah, I remember Thomas Edison. He invented the telegraph repeater!')

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

I grew up watching the Carol Burnett Show and I loved all of the characters, especially the funny characters Tim Conway depicted. I think he was the funniest man alive. He could make me laugh just by appearing and not saying a word. I've missed him a long time and am sad he's no longer with us. May God rest his soul.

• John P
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I have never in over 60 years heard of a comedian called Tim Conway.

• Tishebee
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

So your family never owned a TV huh? 60 years is a long time not to experience not one skit of Mr. Conway's.

• 8 months ago

I loved the little golf man

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

this is a good question!

• T'rone
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

No. I didn't think he was ever funny. Even when I was a kid, I sat stone-faced in everything he has ever done

• Tishebee
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

I guess you have never had any real laughs in your life. What happened to you?

• Darren
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Yes, very sad. I keep thinking of the skit where he played the Nazi officer trying to interrogate the American officer played by Lyle Waggoner, who fights to keep a straight face through the skit. The "Greatest interrogator in the whole world...and parts of Canada".

Too funny

• Tishebee
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

Now that WAS funny!!!!!!! Both of them were very funny actors.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

he was on a lot of shows

• bubba
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Who? i guess not

• 8 months ago

What's a Tim Conway?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.