Ali asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 months ago

Evetytime I switch off my PC I meet with a message that there is still one program open and if I am sure to continue with switching off.?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best Answer

Some program is running in the background and it is a generic warning that it will be closed when you shut down the computer. You can safely shut it down.

If you want to find out what program it is do an ALT+CTRL+DEL and choose task manager then look at the open Apps programs. Those are the ones currently running, it coulld be listed in background processes but there will be many runnjing under that catgory but there could be one hidden in the list.

You can get a program like CCleaner that will allow you stop background programs from launching automatically.

Best advice just ignore it.

• hart
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

software conflict

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It will exit itself. Windows is taking care of it. The PC will eventually shutdown after that. It's just that there are some commands the OS is performing at shutdown hence the delay. It's normal.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Sounds to me like you are using Google Chrome and CCleaner! Chrome sets itself up to always run in the background. You can turn it off if you go into the settings of Chrome. Look for the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and click on them. Then click on Settings. Then you''ll nee to go to Advanced and go through all the categories until you find where you can shut off Chrome from running all the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Enigma
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Software starts and stops one at a time

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

check your start-up menu and switch it OFF if you don't need it .................

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Should conservatives posting questions on YA be considered a crime?

• 6 months ago

However, as far as I see there is no program running on. What is going on? How can I find that open program?

• 6 months ago

Ok.

What's the program?

• Ali6 months agoReport

That's what I am asking. The error message does not specify what program is left running. When I go back and check I see nothing is open.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.