Why are most celebrities so liberal?

I have noticed that the vast majority of famous people are very liberal. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's their right to be that way. But I'm curious as to why that is the case?

• Mike L
    Favorite Answer

I think it's because they have enough money and fame to realize that life's been good to them and most want to help other's out so they can have it better. Then they're labeled as socialist and for some reason, people think that is an insult while we have many 'accepted' socialist policies in place already.

• ron h

I just realized that you're probably think of celebrities being only entertainers. But the Koch bro's are celebrities. LIndsay Graham is a celebrity. Donnie tRump was a low-life, high profile celebrity in NYC for years. Mike Pence was a nobody, but Paul Manafort (the traitor) is now a well known (celebrity) criminal. Donnie tRump Jr. is an unindicted celebrity. Rush (Fat Boy) Limbaugh is a celebrity.

If you're wondering why so many ENTERTAINERS are liberal, I'd guess that they recognize how fortunate they are. For every entertainer who gets rich and famous, there's hundreds or thousands who are just as good but don't get lucky.

• Because it is fashionable. I thought it was interesting how Cher changed her thoughts about all the illegals plowing through the southern border last week.

• Nick

Liberal arts.

They suck

Because even though I’m a liberal I will say this. There’s a lot of decadence and degeneracy in Hollywood. The people who hire these actors and actresses are not always known for their moral uprightness. So in a sense, you have to “go along to get along” so you can keep getting gigs, I would think. If you’re a closet conservative you’re probably better off keeping that to yourself. For example, a lot of Jewish people are in extremely influential positions in Hollywood and have been historically. Just look what happened to Mel Gibson and Gary Oldman when they made anti-Semitic comments. Ouch.

• Lv 4

Gary Oldman didnt make an anti-semitic comment, he just said he somewhat agreed with Gibson

As one comedian who started out working class, Frank Skinner said, whilst getting himself an education he met all sorts of people, and realized that regardless of their origins, color, beliefs etc, people are essentially all the same!

Before that his views had been very different.

Being creative (artistic types) requires the use of BOTH HALVES of the brain. After a few years of practice, full use of the brain can be applied to almost any facet of society, ie, politics. This results in more well-rounded individuals, capable of complex thoughts and emotions. Republicans are good at rage and hate and revenge and spite and betrayal and cheating and lying. Democrats are good at empathy, respect, wisdom, fair-play, openness, decency, law & order, and helping the sick and poor.

• RICHARD

Is that why Ronald Reagan went from being a liberal actor to a republican and became arguably the greatest president of our lifetime?

• Jay R

They're smart.

Because they crave attention and have no character. If Conservatives was more popular with the masses they would be Conservative instead. People like Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, John Voight, Denzel Washington, Kurt Russell have the balls to not follow the heard and aren't afraid to say so. But less popular actors would be bullied if they did the same.

• Lv 4

but you are right about that last part