To those who know about horses and racing ..... over here (and probably not just here) if a horse carries it's head high when racing, it's?

fitted with a 'sheepskin' noseband so it has to lower it's head to see. Is this cruel - if the horse is most confortable running with it's hed held high? Is there likely to be something structurally incorrect with the horse?
Update: @ Zephania - in the UK, what I'm asking about is called a sheepskin noseband. And I've not heard it being used re shadows. They'd wear blinkers, or cheekpieces to avoid them 'spooking' over things they see sideways. I just have a feeling that if a horse habitually runs with it's head... show more @ Zephania - in the UK, what I'm asking about is called a sheepskin noseband. And I've not heard it being used re shadows. They'd wear blinkers, or cheekpieces to avoid them 'spooking' over things they see sideways. I just have a feeling that if a horse habitually runs with it's head held high, that's possibly how it feels more comfortable doing so to 'force' it to lower it's head via a hoseband, could be cruel?
Update 2: Sorry - should be NOSEBAND not Hoseband - LOL
Update 3: As far as I'm aware, here in the UK (again would it be any different elsewhere) nosebands are used to make the horse lower his head in running. So that would have a physical effect. What concerns me is if for some structural reason, a horse feels most confortable running like that, would it not be better to... show more As far as I'm aware, here in the UK (again would it be any different elsewhere) nosebands are used to make the horse lower his head in running. So that would have a physical effect. What concerns me is if for some structural reason, a horse feels most confortable running like that, would it not be better to find out why, structurally, it feels the need to run head held high so making it hold the head down alien to how the horse best feels. It has nothing to do with being put on 'too tightly'?