Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 11 months ago

Can’t insert tampon? Help?

This is really embarrassing and I’m sorry but I’m having a lot of trouble trying to use tampons. I’ve never used them before nor have I ever put anything up there really and although I followed the directions I couldn’t do it because it hurt too badly. I could only get it about half way in before it hurt too bad for me to continue. Is this a normal thing? How do I get past it? I don’t want to end up just throwing the tampons out seeing as they were so expensive.

Favorite Answer

Kayleen is wrong. The hymen does not need to be perforated in any way to fit a tampon in your vagina. Most girls can comfortably insert the tampon without force and therefore there is NO need to break your hymen. However, if you are having trouble with insertion, you may have a tilted uterus (that makes tampon insertion quite difficult). Try lying down on your bed with your knees drawn up towards your chest. If that attempt doesn't work, see a gynecologist to check for any abnormalities. It should never hurt to insert a tampon during your period. Pain means it is not sitting properly. In no way should you ever try to force the tampon inside you.

• Edna

Go back and read the instructions again. If you can't get the tampon to go in, you're probably trying to insert it "straight in" (so to speak). You're hitting the "back" of your vagina, and possibly your cervix. Tampons are inserted at a slight upward angle and slightly toward your lower back. Just insert it along the natural slant of your vagina, and you won't have any trouble.

get to know your body .....experiment, stick things up there

Are you aiming & pushing it in At a Slant towards your Power back area? Your vagina is not straight up & down but Curved

Before you can insert a tampon you need to nreak your hymen. Try pushing 2 fingers in quickly and firmly. It will hurt and bleed a bit but you should then be able to insert the tampon

• Edna

NO!! A woman does NOT need to break her hymen before she can insert a tampon. Her hymen has an opening in it, through which a tampon can easily pass.