Plugged in but not charging dell inspiron n5040?

Old model but is running windows 10. I unplugged the charger from the wall and laptop, unplugged battery, Uninstalled battery driver, held the power button for 30 secs. Dusted it. Bought a new charger. Ran bios, nothing works it'll flash a few times when plugging in the charging again but then stops working. Why???

Favorite Answer

battery is maybe dead? friendly tech will test it free

• Gina8 months agoReport

Guess I should try buying a battery, I've had this one since the day I bought it. Over 10 years ago. It might be due for a new one. Thanks.

"Uninstalled the battery driver"???.....

Now, how did you do that?

Edit: And why?

• Gina8 months agoReport

Supposedly it was suppose to fix the charging glitch. If you know what your doing it's safe. But at this point I'm pretty much sure the battery is dead. Everything points to that.

• David

Could be a faulty battery, could be a faulty charging circuit/charge port. Take the battery out and see if it works without the charger, otherwise take it to a tech.

rnaybe you need another charger

• Gina8 months agoReport

Did that. I'm using a new one as we speak