Jc
Jc asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 9 months ago

Hello, I'm looking for resources for composers and orchestrators, con you help me?

Hi, I'm looking for online resources to study composition and orchestration.

Even though I already studied a lot, I never went to music school so I can't really know if there are holes in my knowledge bag, thus anything from basic stuff up is welcome.

Favorite Answer

Trust me - if you have never had a thorough musical education, then they ARE holes - HUGE ONES - that will need to fill with fine education. NO - you cannot learn this from a book or website. Even if you read and memorized both the Berlioz AND Rimski-Korsakov books, that does not mean you know how to DO it. Then there is all the Music Theory you would need . . . . Of course, if all you intend to do is write trash for Katie Perry, you would not need all of the above - but the people who DO at least clean up the trash she says she writes herself (cough . . .). DO have great educations and the ability to apply it

So - get into a fine music conservatory, graduate, get a few more degrees and years of experience - and let us know how you are doing.

• Mamianka

Not complain - but you are STUCK until you get real live instruction to apply what you have llearned. If you compose, use a top program like Dorico, Sibelius, even Finale. Go online to their user groups and submit your works for feedback. You might be isolated, but you are not alone.

• Nicey8

Hi. If you can enter the college music library and look through books, that will be great.

• Nicey8

You have my sympathies. Or you can seek help from a Masters degree in Music teacher for help and resources.